According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, a vehicle is stolen every 44 seconds in the United States. Having your vehicle stolen is not only a huge inconvenience, but it is also frightening and violating experience that can sometimes be avoided by taking certain precautions.
5 Tips to Avoid Your Car from Being Stolen:
- At nighttime, always park your vehicle in well-lit areas. Thieves thrive in dark places where they can easily be hidden.
- Keep the inside of your car clean and avoid leaving valuables exposed. Use your trunk if you are transporting valuables.
- Always lock your car door and windows. The most basic tip of them all. Many people feel comfortable leaving their car unlocked while it’s parked at their home or other safe areas. Get in the habit of always locking your car to avoid any unexpected surprises.
- Keep your spare key in your home, not under your car. Thieves tend to check for spare keys in common areas like under the car.
- Invest in an alarm system or anti-theft device. The simplest form of protection is an anti-theft device like an alarm or a wheel locking device such as “The Club.”
While these tips can’t guarantee your car will never be stolen, protecting your assets in the event of a car theft can be as simple as having the right insurance policy. Investing in comprehensive coverage will cover the loss of car theft. Contact your licensed insurance agent at Insurance Brokers of Arizona to make sure you have this coverage is on your insurance policy.
So, if you’re looking for insurance in Gilbert, give us a call. Founded in 2005, Insurance Brokers of Arizona is a leader in quality protection for individuals, families and businesses throughout the Southwest. Insurance Brokers of Arizona is currently licensed in Arizona and California. Providing world class customer service with our extremely experienced and knowledgeable team, paired with our ability to understand our customer’s coverage needs, drives the success of our agency.
By offering protection for your Auto, Home, Business and Health Insurance, we make sure that you’re covered today, as well as in the future, so that you can focus on what is important to you and your family. At Insurance Brokers of Arizona our #1 job is to assist you in identifying your needs and problems, while putting together a customized plan that’s simple and easy to understand.